National Dog Bite Prevention Week, May 15 to May 21, 2011, is coming to a close today. I hope you’ve enjoyed the articles and downloads. Here is a listing of the resources we’ve provided this week both on this website as well as on the Huffington Post Blog and Victoria Stilwell’s Positively.com. We will add a few more related prevention articles in the upcoming two weeks too. So stay tuned!
- Thirty-second animated Dog Bite Prevention PSA for adults and teens shows the precursors to bites and the result of ignoring them. Please share this PSA. If we have enough views on youtube we will be able to make a follow-up educational piece on dog bite prevention for children to view. Feel free to embed it on your website.
- Article: Dog Bite Prevention: Dogs Bite When Humans Greet Inappropriately
- Free color poster The Body Language of Fear in Dogs in dogs. Fear is the most common cause of aggression and biting in dogs. Download a free handout/poster here. Make as many copies as you want for yourself or distribute for free to your friends, clients, co-workers, and anyone who is around dogs.
- Huffington Post blog article: Dog Bite Prevention Week: A Time to Take Responsibility for Dog Bites
- Victoria Stilwell’s Positively.com blog article: Why Dogs Bite Children: A Lesson in Preventing Dog Bites in Kids
- Free color poster: How to Greet Dogs Correctly
- Article: Preventing Dog Bites by Learning to Greet Dogs Properly
- Article: Help, My Dog Bites! How to Deal with Dogs Who Bite