• Recognize signs of fear and stress in dogs and cats and how to approach and handle them in a relaxed, non-threatening manner.
• Identify the common mistakes people make when approaching pets which may increase their fear and lead to their aggression.
• Learn how the sights, sounds, smells, and surfaces in a veterinary clinic may increase stress. Discover ways to create a calmer, safer, and more secure environment.
• Learn methods for handling dogs during veterinary exams and which restraint is best for the individual dog and procedure.
• Understand how every interaction affects the animal’s perception of you. Learn how to gain their consent and how to guide the animal clearly with your own body language.
This multi-curriculum course includes: