• Recognize signs of fear and stress in dogs and cats and how to approach and handle them in a relaxed, non-threatening manner.
• Identify the common mistakes people make when approaching pets which may increase their fear and lead to their aggression.
• Learn how the sights, sounds, smells, and surfaces in a veterinary clinic may increase stress. Discover ways to create a calmer, safer, and more secure environment.
• Learn methods for controlling dogs during veterinary exams and which restraint is best for the individual dog and procedure.
• Understand how every interaction affects the animal’s perception of you. Learn how to gain their consent and how to guide the animal clearly with your own body language.
This multi-curriculum course includes:
Recognizing Brewing Fear and Aggression in Dogs and Cats
Rapid Reversal of Fear and Aggression in Dogs and Cats
Low Stress Handling® and Restraint of Difficult Dogs and Cats
What Giraffes, Dogs and Cats Have in Common – Training Techniques that Work for All Creatures
Feline Lab: Towel Wrap Techniques for Handling Cats with Skill and Ease
Kitty Kindergarten: Creating the New Improved Cat Through Early Socialization
Canine Lab 1: Essential Exercises for Moving Dogs from Place to Place
Canine Lab 2: Handling and Restraining Medium-Sized and Large Dogs with Skills and Ease
Canine Lab 3: Handling and Restraining Small and Medium Sized Dogs with Skills and Ease
Canine Lab 4: Desensitization and Counterconditioning: Teaching Dogs to Willingly Accept Medical Procedures